The idea of gaming smartphones as we all know them at present has been with us for a number of years, having been kickstarted with the Razer Telephone. Bleeding-edge specs and options to appease avid gamers and their wants have been on the forefront of the idea for these gadgets, and so they’ve shifted lots through the years. However one firm that’s persistently pulling it off proper is ASUS with their ROG line of smartphones. ROG is likely one of the greatest manufacturers in the case of gaming PC parts, and on the smartphone facet of the aisle, they’re a reasonably large deal too. Final yr’s smartphone, the ROG Telephone 3, is now lastly getting Android 11.
Android 11 for this cellphone has been a very long time coming. The beta program for the cellphone’s replace has been going since March, and Android 12 is true across the nook. However then once more, ASUS has by no means actually been often known as an organization with a tremendous observe document of updates, though their software program has tremendously improved over the previous few years. The ROG Telephone 3 launched with Android 10, and most different telephones launched throughout that timeframe have already had Android 11 for months. However then once more, ASUS additionally took a very long time to shine the replace so it’s utterly prepared for ultimate customers, and now, the replace is rolling out to all ROG Telephone 3 customers throughout the globe.
We should always word that the replace has not been announced yet on the ZenTalk forums, however nonetheless, the ROG Telephone 3 replace’s firmware file is now out there if you wish to test it out in your gadget. In case you haven’t checked out Android 11 on the ROG Telephone 3 but, chat bubbles, one-time permissions management, notifications historical past, and elevated safety are among the many enhancements included with the brand new OS. You’ll additionally get the most recent model of ASUS’ ZenUI/ROG UI pores and skin, in addition to quite a lot of inventory apps which have been up to date to match. The complete changelog goes as follows:
- Improve system to Android 11
- Some third social gathering apps will not be but suitable with Android 11
- Please again up your knowledge earlier than upgrading to Android 11. If you wish to downgrade your gadget’s software program model to Android 10 by official software program package deal, it’ll erase all knowledge out of your gadget’s inside storage.
- Launched new ZenUI design
- Revamped Cellular Supervisor, Contacts, Telephone, File Supervisor, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Climate, Sound recorder, Settings, Information Switch, Native backup, Setup wizard, System replace apps
- Help one-time permissions, improved scoped storage, and auto revoke app permission
- Help to maintain Bluetooth connection when airplane mode is activated
- Adjusted notification tray to Android 11 design. Help notification conversations
- Traditional type of energy button menu helps gadget management and Google Pay in Android 11
- Up to date Model、Auto change in System colour scheme, superior choices for again gesture settings, and SIM card settings. Eliminated earlier ASUS One-hand mode.
- Added Notification historical past and Bubbles settings
- Built-in PowerMaster options in Cellular Supervisor into Battery Settings
- Added PowerMaster features in battery settings, equivalent to gradual charging、choose charging restrict、customized battery modes、Hibernate apps settings, and so forth.
- Adjusted the Fast Settings panel design. Help media management operate. Added Close by Share tiles (Want so as to add manually).
- Added lock activity, screenshot, share choices after lengthy urgent the app icon of the duty in current apps display screen.
- Adjusted Calculator design to the most recent Android type.
- Added “Present blocked calls in name log” choice in Name log Settings of ASUS Telephone
- Adjusted the scale of standing bar icons to maintain visible consistency
- Added setting alarm by date and group alarm options in Clock
- Help new enhancing web page in Gallery app
- Adjusted to new screenshot and display screen recorder folders to meet Android 11 requirement
- Up to date the default choice logic of knowledge class in Information Switch
- Adjusted the pages in Setup wizard
- Adjusted choices and replace mechanism in system replace setting
Try the replace on the ROG Telephone 3’s firmware replace web site now!